The Young Family Foundation — the nonprofit organization founded by the owning family of YK Communications — proudly announces its 2021 scholarship recipients.
These six students reside in the YK Communications broadband Internet and voice service area and recently graduated from high school. Each plans to attend an accredited college or vocational school located in the state of Texas. We congratulate them on their accomplishments and wish them much success as they continue their education.
2021 Scholarship Recipients:
- Juan Carlos Huerta, Jr., Louise High School (Academic Scholarship)
- Avery Lewis, Louise High School (Vocational Scholarship)
- Madison Shelton, Ganado High School (Academic Scholarship)
- Darrell (Mack) Cihal, Ganado High School (Academic Scholarship)
- William (Trace) Roznovsky, Ganado High School (Vocational Scholarship)
- Makensie Till, El Campo High School (Academic Scholarship)
Academic Scholarships include $2,000 per semester for up to 8 semesters and Vocational Scholarships include $1,000 per semester for up to 6 semesters.
President Russell Kacer said, “The Young Family Foundation congratulates these worthy recipients and looks forward to seeing them blossom and mature into the leaders of tomorrow.”
YK Communications offers various broadband internet, voice, and security services for residential and business customers across South Texas. More information about the company can be found at https://www.ykc.com.