Department: Network Operations
Reports to: Director of Network Operations
Status: Full-Time & Part-Time
Salary: Base Salary, Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Prescription, 401K)
Installs, maintains, and services broadband Internet services, voice services, security services, wireless services, and customer premise equipment. May also work at the business office, repairing CPE dropped off by customers. May install and maintain multi-line key systems, PBX’s and other unregulated equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
· Install, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, trouble shoots and maintains equipment and network wiring and services.
· Ability to learn procedures and protocols through company designated training within a set time frame, then utilize training in the field.
· Perform site surveys for managed services.
· Maintains existing services and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, fiber optics and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
· Maintains and repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble. Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
· Locate underground cable plant and utilities in support of construction, rebuilds and existing upgrades. Utilizes locating equipment and follows procedures to ensure accurate locates. Marks located utilities according to set standards.
· Interfaces with customer to further analyze installation and repair issues. Responds to inquiries and provides follow up.
· Operates standard and aerial lift vehicles and manual, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic, gasoline, propane and power actuated tools and equipment.
· Educate customers on service features and functionality.
· Recognize opportunities to cross-sell related services.
· Possibly work in small, confined spaces.
· Possibly work in elevated locations, following all safety protocols.
· Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
· Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Valid state driver’s license and non-negligent driving record.
· Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions.
· Ability to lift and move up to 80lbs.
· Excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and work ethic.
· Highly organized, analytical, and able to work with minimal supervision.
· Ability to adapt to changing priorities, technologies, responsibilities, and meet deadlines.
· Proficient in MS Office software.
· Qualification on pre-employment screening
· Bi-lingual is highly desirable.
High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work experience. Two years of experience in the installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment also required.
If you would like to submit a resume to be kept on file for future openings, please send it to email@example.com.
Equal Opportunity Employer to all individuals, YKC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All rights reserved. Copyrighted 2021 by YK Communications.