Department: Network Operations
Reports To: Director of Network Operations
Status: Full-Time & Part-Time
Salary: Base Salary, Full-Time Benefits (Medical, Dental, Prescription, 401K)
Provides customer service and technical support for all company product and service offerings. Gathers relevant information, diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves customer problems and issues. Research complex problems and issues to determine solutions. Update’s customer account information as appropriate. Supports internal staff with computer, network and network peripheral equipment and issues.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides technical support to customers by taking phone calls and instant chat sessions regarding service issues. Gathers relevant information, diagnoses, troubleshoots and resolves customer problems and issues. Enters call information into Billing and Operation Support Systems (BOSS) software program.
- Ensures complete customer understanding of service capabilities, troubles.
- Research complex internet and voice problems and issues to determine solutions. Follows-up to ensure customer issues are resolved.
- Accesses customer user accounts to make changes to customer information and accounts as appropriate.
- Uses TCP/IP and other test utilities to test and troubleshoot connectivity problems.
- Assists Network Operations Technicians with projects as requested.
- May perform special internet-related and technology-related projects as requested.
- Performs all other related duties as assigned by management. *
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of IP protocols and programs.
- Knowledge of TCP/IP and other test utilities.
- Knowledge of Web technologies, technical languages, browsers, search procedures, search engines, platforms, and applications.
- Knowledge of voice services, features, options their usage and configuration.
- Knowledge of various PBX usage, features, and configuration options.
- Knowledge of company policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software.
- Knowledge of company products and services.
- Skill in operating office equipment.
- Skill in problem solving and resolution.
- Ability to communicate with customers, co-workers, and various business contacts in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple work assignments.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to read and interpret technical documents.
- Ability to troubleshoots customer problems over the phone consistently from memory, or to seamlessly follow a troubleshooting guide.
- Ability to use remote software to access customer devices to troubleshoot and fix browser and email problems on multiple platforms and operating systems.
- Ability to work independently in solving other high-level computer/network problems.
- Bi-lingual is highly desirable.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent plus one to two years of specialized training in computer science. One to two years of experience in internet customer service also required.
If you would like to submit a resume to be kept on file for future openings, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer to all individuals, YKC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.