In the normal course of providing your telephone service, YK Communications and its family of companies maintains certain information about your account. This information, when matched to your name, address, and calling or originating billing telephone number, is known as “Customer Proprietary Network Information” or CPNI for short. Examples include the type of line you have, technical characteristics (like Touch-tone or Rotary), class of service, current telephone charges, long-distance or local billing records, directory assistance charges, usage date, and calling patterns.
The Company may use your CPNI to market our services to you. However the Public Utility Commission of Texas has adopted new rules stating that a Company may not use your CPNI to market certain telephone services or features to you if you have requested that the CPNI be considered “restricted’ for this purpose. These services or features are those that may be available to you from a source other than our Company. If you wish to have your CPNI considered “restricted,” at no charge call us at 361-771-3334 during weekday business hours, and tell us that you wish to restrict our use of your customer information, and the restriction will remain in effect until you notify us otherwise. Whether or not you choose to restrict access to your CPNI will in no way affect the provision of any services you subscribe to.
Please know that restricting your CPNI will not eliminate all of our marketing contacts with you. You can still receive marketing contacts from us that are not based on your CPNI. Also, we are permitted to use your CPNI to contact you about telephone services offers that are not available to you from another source.
Finally, even if your CPNI is restricted, we may still use it to market those telephone services or feature that may be available to you from a source other than us if you contact us and ask about such service. Denial or approval of the use of CPNI will remain effect unless notified otherwise by the customer.
YK Communications will not share or sell your information to anyone outside of our family of companies.
The Carriers listed below have approved Interconnection Agreements with YK Communications.
|Carrier Name||Docket Number||Effective Date|
Terms and Conditions of Use for YK Communications Internet
1. User expressly agrees that use of the Internet is at their sole risk. Neither YK Communications, nor any other information provider makes any representation or warranty as to the results obtained from the use of the Internet. The Internet is made available on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, warranty of title, timeliness, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Neither YK Communications nor anyone else involved in creating, producing or delivering the use of the Internet shall be liable for any direct, indirect incidental special or consequential damages arising out of use of the Internet, or inability to use the Internet. User also expressly agrees that YK Communications does not warrant that the Internet will be uninterrupted and error free. Downtime and lost transmissions may occur on the Internet, and users indemnify YK Communications and agree to hold it harmless from any problems. Errors or damages arising from such downtime or lost transmissions.
1.1 Speeds, rates and bandwidths and quality of service quoted by YKC are “best effort” to achieve and only applicable internal to the YK Communications network. YK Communications will deliver your traffic to the Internet at the “best effort” rate but cannot guarantee speed, rates or quality of service to any point outside of the YKC network.
1.2 YK Communications reserves the right to prioritize incoming and outgoing internet traffic in a manner that will provide the most efficient use of the YKC network for all users. Such prioritization may include but not be limited to limiting the amount of available bandwidth that is available for file sharing and peer to peer (P2P) applications, limiting the amount of bandwidth available to customers who use excessive amounts of bandwidth when compared to other YKC Network users.
2. YK Communications’ Network is only for lawful purposes. Transmission of material violating U.S. or state regulation is prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to: copyrighted material, materials legally judged to be threatening or obscene, or materials protected by trade secret. User agrees to indemnify and hold YK Communications harmless from any claims resulting from use of the service, which damages User or another party. User is responsible for materials sent across the network from Users account. User is able to secure access to their account by means of a password, which may be changed at will by User. User has full, unrestricted access to the Internet; which, as a free-flowing information universe, may contain – beyond the vast amounts of information on museums, geography, medicine law, government, culture, etc. – matter considered to be improper, offensive or even unlawful by some governments, private groups or individuals such as discussion, files, photographs and graphics relating to pornography, religion, politics, racism, criminal activity and the like. By using YK Communications, User accept this and agree to indemnify YK Communications and hold it harmless from any actions, lawsuits, or problems arising from or associated with such matter. User acknowledges that the Internet uses public facilities to transmit voice and data communications and that service may not be completely private. YK Communications is not liable for any claims, loss or damages which may result from lack of privacy. YK Communications will release information and usage records only when requested by lawful court orders.
3. Access to other networks connected to YK Communications must comply with the rules for that other network. User shall observe all generally accepted ‘net etiquette.’ User agrees to accept liability for their actions and how the interpretation of other “citizens” and users of the Net. Unacceptable behavior includes but is not limited to: mass – unsolicited – E-mail distributions (“Spamming”), overt, direct advertising on discussion boards / newsgroups, language, harassment of other users. Unacceptable behavior may result in grounds for terminations of services. In the event your computer is sending information that could be harmful to the YKC network or networks of other companies (with or without your knowledge), YKC will suspend your ability to connect to our network until we are satisfied the issue has been corrected.
3.1 No Servers. User may not configure nor use server applications through their YK Communications Internet service without prior written permission from management of YK Communications.
3.2 No Distribution. YK Communications Internet services are for end user access only. Sharing, distributing, broadcasting or resale of service to any other party outside of your immediate family or outside of your employment is not permitted and will result in suspension of your service.
4. Services provided to User by YK Communications are billed by YK Communications, Inc. on the first day of the month for the next month, in advance. All invoices are due and payable at 109 W. Putnam Street in Ganado, Texas on the 15th day of each month unless otherwise specified on the current invoice. Billing commences on the day services are ordered and will be pro-rated based on the start date. Accounts that have not been paid by the 25th of the month are subject to service interruption.
4.1 Non-use of the service does not eliminate financial responsibility. User is responsible for notifying YK Communications in advance when billing and access to the network should cease. Until such notice has been given, User is responsible for charges incurred up to that date.
4.2 Accounts that have been prepaid for a specific amount of time are not eligible for refunds on unused service upon disconnection of service.
5. YK Communications may modify this agreement at anytime to comply with local, national or international laws, with notice of modification posted on YK Communications’ web site (/terms.pdf ) Such posting shall be dated and considered effective based on posted date whether or not User has reviewed the modifications.
6. These terms and conditions are effective October 1, 2014 and supersede all previous representations, understandings or agreements and shall prevail not withstanding any variance of any order submitted.
7. Lease Equipment Program: If request for service is cancelled BEFORE installation, no charges will apply for the Leased Internet Equipment. Upon cancellation of YK Broadband Service it is the customers obligation to return the Leased equipment to YK Communications within 14 business days of the disconnect date. Equipment fees will apply if leased equipment return terms are not met. YK Communications is not obligated to uninstall or otherwise retrieve the Leased Equipment. All returns are responsibility of the customer.
User ID and Password Criteria
Your User ID will be used to determine your primary email address. For example, if your User ID is “redfox”, your email address would be “email@example.com”. It is best to keep your User ID short and meaningful. A common User ID is first initial (dot) last name. For example, John Doe may select “j.doe” as his User ID and have “firstname.lastname@example.org” as an email address. User IDs must contain 4 or more characters made up of letters, numbers or dots. Spaces and symbols (#$&*) may NOT be used in your User ID. Please select your User ID carefully. Changing your User ID will result in a new set-up fee. Passwords must be at least 6 characters long and contain 3 of the 4 following criteria: numbers, uppercase or lowercase letters or special characters. We encourage you to include special characters such as (!@$+) in your password. These characters are commonly used to replace letters such as “I”, “A”, “S” and “T” that may be present in your password. Passwords may not contain blank spaces.
© 2014 YK Communications