YK Communications (YKC) is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the full-time position of Combination Technician. YKC, headquartered in Ganado, Texas, is a dynamic and growing independently owned company that offers broadband internet, voice, video, and security services to both residential and business customers.
The ideal candidate must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Position General Summary: Installs, maintains, and services broadband Internet services, voice services, security services, video services, satellite/wireless services, and customer premise equipment. May also work at the business office, repairing CPE dropped off by customers. May install and maintain multi-line key systems, PBXs and other unregulated equipment.
Essential Job Functions:
• Install, removes, rearranges, programs, tests, troubleshoots and maintains equipment and network wiring and services.
• Maintains existing services and equipment for subscribers by installing drop wires, fiber optics and network interface devices. Wires new systems using appropriate tools.
• Maintains and repairs existing equipment by using test sets to locate line trouble. Determines necessary repairs which may include repairing wiring, station protectors, ground connections, running new wires and replacing jacks, lids and pedestals as needed.
• Interfaces with customer to further analyze installation and repair issues. Responds to inquiries and provides follow up.
• Operates standard and aerial lift vehicles and manual, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, electronic, gasoline, propane and power actuated tools and equipment.
• Educate customers on service features and functionality.
• Recognize opportunities to cross-sell related services
• Possibly work in small confined spaces or aloft (up to 28ft)
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions
• Performs all other related duties as assigned by management.
Skills & Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills, customer service skills, and work ethic
• Highly organized, analytical, and able to work with minimal supervision
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities, technologies, responsibilities, and meet deadlines
• Proficient in MS Office software
• High school diploma or equivalent
• Valid state drivers license and non-negligent driving record
• Meet 275lbs weight limit due to safety restrictions
• Ability to lift and move up to 80lbs
• Qualification on pre-employment screening
• Bi-lingual is highly desirable
High school diploma or equivalent plus two years of telecommunications schooling or equivalent work experience. Two years of experience in the installation and maintenance of telecommunication equipment also required.
Resumes can be submitted at the following address:
YK Communications – Attn: Human Resources – PO Box 329 – Ganado, TX 77962 or email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Employer to all individuals, YKC does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.