History of Innovation
Ganado Telephone Company is a rural Incumbent Local Exchange (ILEC) Service Provider. We supply voice and data communications services to more than 3,000 South Texas businesses and residents of Ganado, Louise (including Hillje), and Markham (including Buckeye and Clemville).
Established in 1948, Ganado Telephone Company has always been on the cutting edge of communications services and motivated by technology. For example, we were among the first service providers in Texas to establish “Direct Dial” service, “Digital Switching,” and “Improved Mobile Telephone Service.”
After partnering with GTE Mobilnet in 1988 to bring cellular telephone service to the area and then teaming with Hughes Communications in 1994 to develop DIRECTV, it became necessary to develop a new business unit to pursue and enhance these new communications technologies.
YK Communications was established in 1995 as a wholly owned subsidiary of Ganado Telephone Company to market and support our non-regulated business activities.
Between our two companies, we currently provide:
- Local Telephone Services
- Business Telephone Systems
- Data Communications Services
- Fiber Optic Transport Services
- Cellular Telephone Services
- Satellite Entertainment Programming and Services
- High Speed Internet Service
- High Speed Satellite Internet Service
- High Speed Network Internet Connectivity
- Internet Domain and Email Hosting Services
- Internet Security Services
- Residential and Commercial Security Systems